Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Contivity VPN Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

guenterhaug

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
DE
I'm connecting from home via a DSL Router (Vigor 2600WE) and Nortel VPN Client to the Network of our company. So far so good. Since two weeks I have connected a Printserver to my local Printer. If VPN is not active, I can print via TCP/IP but with VPN running I get no connection to the Printer. My Router has the IP 192.168.58.1 and the Printserver 192.168.58.2 (Subnet 255.255.255.0). I think, it has to do with the routing table of my PC (W2K). Can anybody help me in this issue?

May be your company is using Split Tunneling to redirect ONLY the traffic for your network company. In that case, all your LAN resources will not be unrecheable like your printer.
bye

I had the same problem when I setup my new Linksys router. My problem was due to the Gateway I was using 192.168.1.X. The VPN to which I was connecting, also used 192.168.1.x. I modified my LAN to use 192.168.2.x IPs' and now I can print to my printserver while connected to VPN.

Hope this helps!

Have the Administrator verify Split Tunneling configuration on the Contivity... As suggested above, that seems to be key to your problem.

Best possible action I can suggest is to run a batch/script file at startup redirecting your LAN IP's to metric 1 which should be the ethernet card at boot time.

Then once you engage the "virtual adapter" that represents the VPN the PC should be smart enough to route the LAN resource requests to the proper adapter once a request is made.

Open up a command prompt Window on your PC and just type the word route and it will show you had to add and remove routing to your PC.

Once you have it to where it works like you want, just copy and paste the proper command into a text file and save it as a .bat file and put it in your startup scripts in gpedit.msc under startup scripts.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back