Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Contivity and Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipersl65

Technical User
Jul 25, 2007
US
I upgraded my laptop to Vista and since then my Contivity client stopped working. It is giving me the "Eacfilt driver must be enabled on the active interface...." error message.

I found the beta 6.07d from this site and it worked for a while until it says it is expired. I reinstalled it and still says expired.

I found another eac607d.exe from another site and I noticed that this file is only about 2.6mb while the file I downloaded above previously is over 4.5mb. Needless to say, the new file I found is giving me the Eacfilt error too. Please help!

thanks so much

I need the same answer. Just upgraded our NVG 3050 to 6.0.7a; attempt to run the Netdirect downloadable client caused Vista to BSOD.

The 6.07d client appears to load OK, but right at the end gives a popup "Installation of the Contivity VPN Client driver failed." and it then uninstalls everything. Opening a ticket with Nortel is a joke.

Check Nortel Bulletin# 2007007681.2 regarding their products and Vista compatibilty. VPN client is among those listed.

Currently under testing.

curtismo, I'm not sure I understand what you're writing there. You upgraded your NVG 3050 to 6.0.7a? The NVG 3050 isn't a Contivity.
I've opened tickets with Nortel for a couple of Vista Client issues and gotten answers on all of them.

VPNSteve,

Appreciate if you can help me out with my contivity client issues. I installed 6.07d and I am still getting the "Eacfilt must be enabled...."error message on my Vista Ultimate. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am logged in with Administrator access in my laptop.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back