Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel / Connexity M6501 - RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarxIO

Systems Engineer
Nov 27, 2019
FI
Hi!
I got this Nortel / Connexity M6501 - RM PBX from my old friend. I've done a lot of searching and found the manual. There's a sticker on the PBX which says "Nortel Networks M6501 - RM" but everything matches with the Connexity manual. // Edit I've been told that it's Nortel Matra 6501 - RM.

The reason why I'm posting is because I can't get the PBX connected to my PC. I use my old server (currently has Windows 10) because it has one serial port (DE-9 male). I've connected the server to the PBX's "CONSOLE" serial port (DE-9, which has only three pins (2, 3 and 5)) with a DE-9 Female-Female cable.

I've tried using Putty and Hyper Terminal to access the PBX but I don't get it working. As said I'm not an expert with these things so I've used the configuration from the manual (page 97). I've also tried to connect my LAN-cable to the PBX's PT2-card. The lights start to blink but I can't see it on my routers list of devices. I've also connected a few phones to the LN8-card of the PBX. The display on the phones turns on but won't show anything, but if I press a button on the phone it makes a beep sound.

If anyone has an idea what I should do / knows something about this device PLEASE tell me in the comments. Thank you Curlycord for telling me to post it here. Original post

On the serial connection, have you tried putting a null modem adapter on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back