Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel / Connexity M6501 - RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarxIO

Systems Engineer
Nov 27, 2019
FI
Hi!
I got this Nortel / Connexity M6501 - RM PBX from my old friend. I've done a lot of searching and found the manual. There's a sticker on the PBX which says "Nortel Networks M6501 - RM" but everything matches with the Connexity manual.

The reason why I'm posting is because I can't get the PBX connected to my PC. I use my old server (currently has Windows 10) because it has one serial port (DE-9 male). I've connected the server to the PBX's "CONSOLE" serial port (DE-9, which has only three pins (2, 3 and 5)) with a DE-9 Female-Female cable.

I've tried using Putty and Hyper Terminal to access the PBX but I don't get it working. As said I'm not an expert with these things so I've used the configuration from the manual (page 97). I've also tried to connect my LAN-cable to the PBX's PT2-card. The lights start to blink but I can't see it on my routers list of devices. I've also connected a few phones to the LN8-card of the PBX. The display on the phones turns on but won't show anything, but if I press a button on the phone it makes a beep sound.

If anyone has an idea what I should do / knows something about this device PLEASE tell me in the comments. And sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I'm new here and didn't find a better place for this. :)

Welcome

You might want to also post this in the Nortel CS1000 forum.

Looks to be a an IP PBX system made in France.... name is "Matra" so look for that word too:
Search results for Matra 65XX :
Maybe Nortel but branded for whomever.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back