Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CMTS 1000 (aka ARRIS CMTS 1000) password ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat2

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2004
Hi all,

Maybe someone know how to clear password on old Nortel CMTS 1000 unit?

thanks in advance,
brat

1. Power OFF the CMTS
2. With two fingers, press and hold the 'UP' and 'SELECT' buttons in front of the CMTS at the same time.
3. While pressing the two buttons, turn the power ON and continue to hold the buttons for about 20-25 seconds until you get the following menu through your serial connection:

T - Toggle to old Album
C - Continue Bootstrap
D - Display Album Directory
E - Erase Config Parameters
I - Display Product Information

Choose 'E', and this will erase ALL the configuration parameters of the CMTS. This step should not take more than 5-10 seconds, and you will
See the message 'Erasing Flash Config...' while it's working.

4. Once step 3 is complete, you will get the same menu of choices, and this time, choose 'C' and this will end the diagnostics session.

5. From this point, you should be able to login to the CMTS using 'root' as your login and no password(press enter at the password prompt).

If that doesn't work try booting up the alternate software, is the same procedure as steps 1 and 2, except that you'll have to press the two middle buttons on the CMTS, 'up' and 'down' that will boot up the CMTS with the older software in memory...

If the system becomes stable then you can reload the CMTS to the Original SW version.

Good luck !

I am looking for the setup manual it would be great if you could help me out with that...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back