Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Client to allow local access

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2007
US
I originally posted this over in the wrong forum…

I am at a remote site to my corporate network, and we use the Nortel VPN client for access. I also need to access resources on the local network at the remote site I am at. How I have been doing this is in a real round about manner, using VMWare. I VPN to my corporate network in my host machine, then open a virtual machine that is also on the same VPN via NAT. Within the client machine I then make a second VPN back to the local network I am on. Pretty crazy and slow, but the only way I can do this as the Nortel client blocks access to the local network. I recently learned that the Cisco client lets you enable that feature, so I started looking around in the config files for the Nortel client, the most promising one is “baynet.tbk”. I thought that there might be an entry I can add like “AllowLocalAccess=1”, get my drift? Anyone know of some kind of work around or setting that might allow this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back