Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CICS Line card

Status
Not open for further replies.

chay1

Technical User
Sep 25, 2021
AU
Hi there,

I have a Telstra Commander NT40 Compact (Australian branded Nortel CICS). It currently has a 4 port line card NT7B69AE that lacks caller ID. I have ordered a NT7B75AAAD card as a replacement (supports caller ID).

My question is, is this a direct drop-in replacement without any programming changes? Except for programming the caller ID station etc.

Is there software limitations for the NT7B75AAAD card? Do I need to check software version for compatibility?

Cheers

No compatibility issues that I am aware of.

Power down, swap the card, Power up, Wait, Program

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Great help. Thank you all 😊

I don't have much information on the Australian version, but only this remote access user guide. I seem to recall that there might be a difference in the extension / trunk cards as the UK versions suffered from this.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi all,

was hoping someone might be able to help with the callerID problem.

I have swapped the card to the Caller ID card NT7B75AAAD but no caller ID is coming through.

The line is supplied by a SIP ATA which is sending callerID in Bellcore/Telcordia format.
The station is set to show caller ID information and display is set to Number first.
Feature 811 on a ringing line only shows the line name.
Dip switches on card are set to local country.
Software cart shows V10.12 on the label (NT7B64AP)
System version from maintenance menu shows: 30NuK12 GP4

Ive run out of ideas. Any suggestions appreciated!

1st. CLID needs to be enabled at the CO. It can be verified by using a POTS line phone with Caller ID capable. Caller ID is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd ring.

2nd. CLID needs to be turned on for each line in LINES > TELCO FEATURES

3rd. The phones you want to display Caller ID automatically must be set to ring. Caller ID must be activated on each phone for each line in TERMINAL & SETS > TELCO FEATURES.

4TH If using the Auto Attendant, Ring delay must be 2 rings to give the caller ID a chance to be received.

Marv ccna

Thanks, yes I can confirm, all the above have been done, but no Caller ID is being displayed. I'm wondering if it is a compatibility issue with the card ? Or if there is software incompatibilities?

So you have verified the ATA works and that programming is correct which leaves the card, I would try another version of a global card such as NT7B75AAAE or NT7B75AAAA.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks. no update on this. problem still occuring. I think I need to try another software card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back