Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CICS KSU call forward off site after 3 rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpolley1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2009
US
To start off I am an Avaya guy who hired a fellow tech to replace a down Nortel CICS for me. The issue is the customer wants the calls to forward off site after 3 rings to an answering service. My tech buddy is insisting that it is a carrier issue and not a Nortel issue. The customer thinks the phone system was what forwarded the lines previously before we replaced the system.

Long story short I'm trying to figure out can the Nortel CICS do that or is it the phone carrier?

Thank you
Clint

Try to enter the external number under the FNA setting and include the pool code if needed.
If this works you could build a Destination code such as 7 and tell it to use Route 001 then tell Route 001 to dial that phone number, then FNA the set to 7

Trickery if needed would be to forward another phone (spare, courtesy,driver etc) using Feature 4 and external # (or F4 7 per above routing) ,then on the set in question FNA 3 rings to that other phone.

In any case for any set involved you must go under Sets/Capabilities and "Allow Redirect" for any of this to work.

as for the Carrier it might be possible they have a FNA type scenario.....sometimes called No Answer Transfer.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Curlycord
I finally verified the customer had previously used a 3rd party that had their carrier just call forward this to the answering svc so to speak. All these work arounds to discover it was a call forward from the LEC haha

We installed a replacement system after a storm to slowly discover "how it used to work" etc from the new customer.

Thank you for your input
Clint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back