Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORTEL CICS DISCONNECTS ON TRANSFER

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Sharp

Vendor
Jan 20, 2020
US
I am a very seasoned NORTEL CICS TECH.
After 30 years of working on this system i still get a curve ball from time to time like now.
A usually very simple procedure is really stumping me.
I have a Nortel CICS 7.0 paired with a Call Pilot 3.1. I’m simply trying to transfer a call off premise from the CCR Tree home menu after pressing 1 From pool group 1 or A. I’ve even tried building a custom route same result. I can see it grab the line and it makes the call rings once and disconnects. I have tried priming directly to a line, same result. Allow redirect is programmed. The VM has access to the pool group of course. All lines are supervised. I’ve tried both line cards for access, I mean it actually makes the darn call but hangs up... pulling my hair out.
Maybe i’m not seeing the forest for the trees.
Any help would be appreciated.

And in some cases # after the number as well #xxx-xxxx# but I have not narrowed that one down to software version, carrier transfer type (conference not transfer) or whatever else.

When posting issues like this it is best to post your dialing string.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

There are two types of off prem transfer.

Phoneguy427 is talking about a link transfer. This requires the line to have three way calling enabled. It is the preferred method because no lines are tied up. The calling line releases after the transfer is made.

The 2nd method uses an unsupervised conference. This seems to be the one you are using. It has several requirements. Be aware it ties up two line for the duration of the call.

1 - Lines mus be supervised
2 - The DN must allow redirect - Y
3 - Usually the one that is missed, You need to use a route and destination. You can't simply use a line pool code.

Marv ccna

Thank you everyone for your responses.
Mr Allworxguy, it’s odd because i have built many of these using pool 1 and never had an issue.
The only time i used a route was with a PRI.
I’m a little confused on the configuration building a route with pots lines.
Do i give it a 9 plus ANY?
Remove line from line pool access or what?
Any additional detail would be grateful and is there a way to personally speak with you or is that against the rules?
New here.

It is against rules to display emails or solicit others.
You should never ever contact a vendor to discuss issue unless you want to pay them for their service.
These forums are free, take advantage of it.

Remove Pool Codes and External Code
Leave lines in Pool A (or put them in Pool A)

Example of building Dest/Routes:
Build Route 009 to use Pool A
Build Dest code 9 to use use Route 009 and Absorb All.

The same as PRI but Routes are told to use Pool X instead of BlocX

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you Curlycord.
For whatever reason when i try to give it the destination code of 9 it won’t take it.
I have removed it from other areas.
Do i enter a 9 for dial out when building the route?
It refuses to let me usa a 9 for a destination code if it’s entered as a dial out or not.
What am i missing?

No, leave dial out alone unless you want 9 to allows call a certain #.
9 is in use somewhere, maybe already a dest code? did you check all Pool Access Codes and also External Code around same are in programming?
You could use 7 or 8 too.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Update.
It has accepted the 9 as the destination code.
There was an external code i missed..
I have it programmed EXACTLY as you stated.
Same result.
It actually makes the call.
Rings once and disconnects.
I can conference from a phone no problem so conference works.
I’m at a total loss here

You still have not mentioned your dialing string in voice mail and if trying to use the conference of the Norstar where is takes up 2 lines or trying to use the carriers feature so that the call is transferred off the system altogether.

Did you choose Route in the voice mail for the outdial?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

When you’re building the external means of transferring out you have the choice of pool, route and line.
When choosing pool it asks which pool then you select 1.
When you select ROUTE how does it know which route?
I also set up line access to line 003 just for grins.
I have tried every combination i can dream of.
They all do the same thing.

Yes i have tried route and pool and line.
I see them all access the line on the phone set. It calls out rings once then disconnects.

At this point I don’t care who i have to pay to help me solve this.
Name your bounty!
My brain is mush...

Here are the 2 questions again:
You still have not mentioned your dialing string in voice mail
Dial String is what you enter such as the phone number and any digits or symbols before or after.
You can use X's in place of the persons actual phone number.

and if trying to use the conference of the Norstar where is takes up 2 lines or trying to use the carriers feature so that the call is transferred off the system altogether.
The Norstar allows you to do an External Transfer using 2 lines, it creates a conference for the duration of the call
or
The carrier has a feature where you can transfer a call so that once transferred your line becomes available, the call is now between the two direct and the Norstar and it's lines have been removed from the equation. If you were to do it from a phone your would press Link (or Feature 71) then dial the phone number then hangup, in some case's you would need to do Link (or Feature 71) again after the number:
Link phonenumber Link (dialing string in voice mail looks like: #xxx-xxx-xxxx#)
We do not know what you are using for a dial string, are you entering just the phone number and/or link (#) or pause (P) or pool/dest code.

Most case I think the string has been: #Pxxxxxxxxxx

Name your bounty!
Please see my second post regarding rules.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am using the two line method.
I tried 9Pxxx-xxx-xxxx
I have tried no 9 and just the areacode and number.
I have tried #xxx-xxx-xxxx
I have tried #9xxx-xxx-xxxx#
And everything else i can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back