Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techneek

Technical User
Mar 25, 2007
US
can anyone tell me if it is possible to complete an on-line CBT
course for certification with nortel pbx option 11c?
if so please direct me to their webpage.........thanks

That link is for Nortel, it will show you the requirements for different certifications

This link is for the Globalknowledge courses, some are offered as CBT, some in Class, and I think some are online as well.

It all depends what level vertification you require.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

any one know why nortel requires closed book testing at the end of the course????

mostly to score the instructor

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nortel, if I am correct, no longer gives the tests at the end of the course. I sent someone to school and they were informed that they no longer provide the tests and all prospective techs must schedule a test with Prometric.

These test are all closed book and no notes are allowed.

John

a tech in our shop just took the switch admin on line/cdt and from his questions it should get anyone past that test.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Prometric tests are required by Nortel to be certified in that subject I.e. symposium,Callpilot,Succession etc.

It's only dialtone-VZ

You can find the link for prometric and the testing locations on the nortel website. I took my BCM test through them, it was an easy process.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Just got back from Call Pilot certification class and there was quite a controversy on testing after class. As of now you are not required to take certification test however it is offered with the cost of the class and you can only take the certification of the class that you enrolled in. Before you could take a different certification test other then the class you took. Since it comes with the class it is well worth taking even if your Certification isn't required.

Wow - when I was in Dallas in December for Database admin class, they said anyone enrolled could sit any test they wanted while they were there. I was under the impression they didn't care which class you were taking at the time. Wonder what changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back