Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel CallPilot 201i

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRRyan

Programmer
May 18, 2022
US
I recently got a Nortel CallPilot 201i for free from a friend that was pulled out of a system a while back. I just powered up my option 11 today with the callpilot installed and when it boots, it prompts for a password which obviously is normal but the problem is that I do not know the password nor does the person who removed it. I was thinking of factory resetting it but I also do not have the keycodes for it so I can't actually use it if I did that. Any Suggestions?

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 enthusiast/programmer.
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast.

The only way I know is to use a Windows account cracker attached to a SCSI CD-ROM and have a keyboard, mouse and monitor attached to the card.
Don't attempt a restore unless you have all the keycodes.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Are there any specific SCSI CD-ROM drives you recommend? I was thinking of using a SCSI to sd converted but if its easier to do with CD-ROM then I’ll just do that.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 enthusiast/programmer.
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast.

I did this in the past for an upgrade as the 201 just has a laptop HD I took it off the card and put it in a Laptop with a cdrom, used winternals (ERD Commander) at the time became MS DART but you should be able to find a download of it on google, it has a Password reset tool called locksmith, but this is windows 2003 there will be many ways to crack it. Once in used the Distributor Tools to reset the 000000 password, put it back on the card and heh presto.

Like you say to reset it you need the SCSI CDROM, Keycodes, and surely doesn't the Callpilot keycode need to be under the TID/site ID of the CS1000

I'll second pulling the HDD. I think I used the trick where you replace logon.scr with cmd.exe and reset the password that way. I don't think I ever set it back.

There's also some default passwords you might want to try, see step 7: Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back