Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel call center reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hostedtelephony

Technical User
Jul 15, 2011
GB
we have a problem that when you try and run a historical report it just sits there saying please waite we have de installed and re installed but still have the same problem any help is appreciated

What system and version of RCC?

I had the exact same problem right after I upgraded a 400 to a 450. Avaya is still dealing with some issues related to it but there is a patch available to address the reports freezing. Just load the latest SU and you should be OK.

its been a long time since i have worked on a nortel just signed in on the nortel site where are the patches?? tried the avaya site and they are not there either

It's been awhile since I ran into this but it was a SQL security error. I believe I had to give the user ID I was logged on with additional rights on the server.

If this is a 450, it is not an SQL security error. I went through this with a customer just a couple of months ago. It required a patch to resolve and is now a known problem with Avaya. I don't think the patch has been released yet but it did resolve the issue.

The problem only occurs when you are trying to generate reports that contain a large amount of data, like the Agent Activity Report, for more than a couple of days. If you run those same reports for just a 24 hour period, they will likely print ok but anything beyond that, you get exactly what you are describing.

So, to resolve it, you will have to open a case with Avaya and they will have to patch your RCC server. It's not an issue within the BCM itself. The patch I referenced earlier was for a slightly different issue but if you do load it, remove the existing RCC client from your server and install the new one. It might fix it.

iF YOUR RUNNING MYSQL SERVER 4.1 (RCC 2.4.3XX) THEN WILL NEED TO
PIRGE THE DATABASE, THEN OPTIMIZE THE LARGE FILES AND THEN RUN DBFIXUTIL. IS YOUR UTILIZING MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2005 THEN VERIFY THAT NO .NET FRAMEWORKS ARE INSTALLED HIGHER THEN 2.0 WITHOUT ANY SERVICE PACKS. THESE CAN CAUSE A JAVA CONFLICT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back