Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Buletin 2006007338, rev 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbergeron324

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
CA
Hi everyone,

is somebody have to order the two pieces mentionned in this bulletin? Because i need that now and if its possible to take these peices into another bcm im gonna do that. So my question is:is it the flat cable who's interconnect the msc and the mbm backplane? if yes, what is the other part?

NTAB3518 and N0125142

It's not a part currently in any of your BCM's. It's a Y connector you use to tap power from a different connector that doesn't have the fatigue issue. You can get it from Nortel for free. Here's the relevant part of the bulletin:

For BCM400 system maintenance, order the: BCM Y-Cable Field Maintenance Kit, Part Number (PEC): NTAB3518, CPC: N0125142
Please note that the Y cable is a no charge maintenance solution, i.e. the price for the cables has been set to zero. No defective material needs to be returned to Nortel.

It’s just a single part, the two part numbers are PEC and CPC codes for the same cable. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back