Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BES1020 DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSimms

Technical User
Jan 6, 2011
US
We have several BES1020's on the edge with a 5530 at the core. DHCP appears to work when connected to a port on the 5530, but does not reach the server when connected to the 1020. Port 1 on the 1020 is the 'trunk' port with egress tagging enabled. The Windows Server is on the same VLAN with the workstation. I cannot find anything additional to configure on the 1020. Anyone experience this type of problem?

Phil, where does the Windows server and the workstation sit..on the same switch? Are you successfully communication on the same VLAN across switching? Sounds to me like a tagging issue if the 5530 is routing the VLANs as its supposed to.
Diagram and VLAN config would help on both switches.

HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

Thank you for the response. I spent hours checking configs, etc before I finally built a simple network with one Layer 2 switch. Using Ethereal, I found the Windows 2008 server was not generating the DHCPOFFER packet following the DHCP Broadcast. I restarted the DHCP (it was running, but useless) service on the server and it started serving ip's. The server had not been rebooted in several weeks (sigh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back