Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM50 with voicemail-have calls answered after 5 rings by general mailbox only

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
Hello, I am connecting a Nortel BCM50 for a customer. They inherited the system by moving into the building with the existing system. I have set up a lot of Call Pilots and a lot of Flash VM's, but I can't remember ever setting up one with only the general mailbox(no other mailboxes), answering all calls that aren't answered. No Auto Attendant at all. I found inside the VM programming where you change from the lines being answered by AA, to "MM".. I have never used this feature. Usually customers with a Call Pilot or Flash use it with an AA, as well as other mailboxes. How does this "MM" feature work? And is this the feature that will make it do what they are asking for? How can I make this VM do what they want it to do? I tried changing it to "MM" on Friday, but the calls would ring 1 time and then be answered by a message saying, "this feature is not available". So I changed it back because it was end of the day and they had to leave. Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Chad

but I can't remember ever setting up one with only the general mailbox(no other mailboxes), answering all calls that aren't answered. No Auto Attendant at all."

So trying to read between the lines, so much unnecessary wording...

Do you mean to say "your client wants only one mailbox to answer all inbound unanswered calls?"

AA and MM are not required, only a mailbox is required which is exactly what you seem to be asking for.

General Mailbox associate it with receptions ext.
Under sets Capabilities Forward No answer it to the DN of Callpilot
Assign lines to ring at reception.

Done!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back