Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM50 FWD No Answer to analog extension's own voicemail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthvader167

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2019
CA
Hi everyone.
This seems like a simple issue, but I can't find out more information about it.
So, basically, I have an analog extension (x233) connected to one of the ports on my Nortel BCM50 system.
It is set up as a regular Panasonic analog phone (as extension 233) with some wireless handsets.
I want to set up my system so that when a call comes in and if no one answers, for it to go to that analog extension and keep ringing there (I don't have a system voicemail box set up for that extension in Callpilot as I want for it to be able to use it's own built-in answering system that is proprietary to the phone to answer the line when no one answers it). I do not have any auto attendants set up on the system.
Right now when a call comes in and no one answers, the caller just gets some short beeps and gets disconnected.
I can't figure out what's going on.

This is on a BCM50 (I just noticed that this should have been posted on the BCM forum, but it's too late for me to change that now).

Thanks

Make sure Forward No Answer points to none and check Transfer Call Back and DRT settings.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back