Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM50 - CallPilot - Auto Attendent issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyra.Johnson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2020
US
Trying to get a greeting to play to incoming callers to listen to, once they hear the message and remain on the line, I want the phones to ring in the store as normal. (prompt telling customers that we are open and operating as normal, we have milk, eggs and stocked shelves).

I'm having 2 issues:
Currently when you call the store, it Plays my greeting twice, then pauses for a few seconds and a voice says "one moment please", the phone rings a few times, then the voice says "the operator is not available.."

1) why is the message playing twice?
2) how do I direct the call to ring the store after the greeting instead of ringing the operator?

Thanks!
Kyra

This is a double post

Install patches to get rid of the double greeting.
Ring what in the store.

Suggest you call a tech.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

look, I'm sorry I upset you. I refer to this website for advise often but this is my first time signing up and asking questions. I have only worked in the BCM program few a few hours this year as our IT guy walked out on us, leaving me to make things work. I am trying to figure this out among other issues.
When I got your reply to my first question last night I was thrilled and thankful, I can't believe I forgot to thank you, but I did and I am sorry

I am not upset at all!
There is more things to worry about right now like toilet paper!!!!!!
But thanx for the thanks.

As said above when the AA Menu prompt greeting plays twice there was a patch to fix that, drove me nuts I recall.
The BCM50 was Rls 2 or 3.
Maybe record of split second of silence and instead use AA/Greeting/ 1 for day and 2 for night or if 24/hrs then use just Path 0 for the main greeting.

"how do I direct the call to ring the store"
When I say Ring what in the store? I mean overhead ringing, a specific phone, a group of phones?
If you do not want calls to go to the "operator" then you need to change the Atdnt DN in Table and/or Operator status (F982 by phone)
Most store will say for Bloody Meat press 1 for Smelly Fish press 2 and so on, that is done in CCR as described earlier.
If you want is simple mode then record in AA/Greeting X and tell them to press the ext # of their set.

Are you programming with the web browser or through the phone?

Most clients your size call a telecom vendor and not rely on the I.T. company.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks again, I had success last night!!

I started fresh with the second store location, and BAM!! it worked!

I Programmed through the web browser. I think my issue was in the CCR tree. I was editing an existing node and you can only choose the node type when you create a new one. I was supposed to be using the "Home Tansfer" Node to transfer to the stores main hunt group DN 464. (The stores only have one main phone number and one hunt group for their 8 DN's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back