Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM50 - Auto Attendant / CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyra.Johnson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2020
US
With the virus scare and us being a local grocery store, our phones are ringing off the hook.

We would like to set up our phones to have a message play (to answer the questions: yes we are open, yes we have milk and eggs, etc), for those people who are just needing this simple information. after the message plays I would like to have the customer "press 1 if you still need to speak with a store associate" and then the phone will ring through to the store.

I am unable to get the CCR tree settings and auto attendant setting to work correctly.

can anyone offer direction or advise for how to set this up?

It will cost you a lot of toilet paper!!!
CCR is the most complex part therefore we have an admin trained on site.
The manual is a good inch thick.

While I would normally say call a tech there maybe none at this time, sadly I am shutting down part of my business (for onsite calls) after Friday for W.H.O. knows how long.

CCR is Enabled or Disable within the Table, Disable it so that you can make changes (when you go back to Enable, press 1)
AA/Greeting/Greeting/1 - the first part of your greeting - Thank you for calling Kyra's Foods
CCR/Tree1/Path 0 - is the second part - For Accounting 1, for Drugs press 2, for Booze press 3 or for all the other useless stuff or non-existing toilet paper press 0.

Understanding Path's (called Nodes when programming via web browser)
Aside from Path 0 a Path is what you press to get to that destination.
So if you said for Accounting press 1, then when you press 1 you get another greeting (Path 1/Menu) "for payable's press 1, for receivables press 2"
Payable's would be Path 11 and Receivables would be Path 12

Understanding what Patch/Node do:
-Transfer - while it can be told to do an External transfer to an outside phone number it is usually used for Internal to a DN/ext
-Info - Used for stating things like your address or company hours
-Leave MSG - Send the caller to a mailbox number of your choice
-Menu - this is to list and record yet more options 1-8
-Park & Page - used to page a division or person that a call is parked on 10X

Via phone programming: when you are done with CCR paths you need to press END, Save as Tree X? say Yes or OK
Then go back to Table and enable the Tree when completely done.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you so much!

Do you know how to find the auto attendant extension?

I'm having 2 issues:
Currently when you call the store, it Plays my greeting twice, then pauses for a few seconds and a voice says "one moment please", the phone rings a few times, then the voice says "the operator is not available.."

1) why is the message playing twice?
2) how do I direct the call to ring the store after the greeting instead of ringing the operator?

I was getting there, I was in deep thought with this program.
I apologize, i'm irritated with this.
Thank you for your response and insight in helping me try to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back