Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM400 3.6 DIP Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhtaruk14

Programmer
Jul 13, 2010
GB
I have a BCM400 3.6 and want to set up 1 DTM PRI UK and one DSM32, I want to know the dip switch settings on DS30.

Currently the DSM16 is working fine when you leave all on or even 1st off but the DTM is not working at all.
Please help.

If your connected to a BCM look in the docs in the I&M manual and search switch settings.

THE DTI should be on bus 6. I think it's 3 off all others on. Plus for the 32 is it a + for double density.

The normal setup for UK would be to put your PRI on Bus 7, dipswitches 4 and 6 off this starts your lines at the lowest number. Check that the bus is set as trunk in Resources. For your DSM32, the 3.6 has single density Busses so you need to use 2 busses to make a 32 work. Use Bus 2 and 3 to get your Extension range to star at the lowest number. Remember to check in resources that both busses are set to station, leave all dip switches on. This setup should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back