Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM 50 with IP 1140E

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneyraymond

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
US
I have the BCM 50 with 3 different IP 1140E telephones. I have purchased 2 different Bluetooth headsets (Different Manufactures) and even when I am sitting 1-2 feet from the phone, I get a lot of static. I actually purchased 2 of each headsets. The are not "top of the line" devices but they do work great on my cell phone. Does the 1140 just have crappy Bluetooth connectivity? Any recommendations?

Thanks - Barney

We used Plantronics CS50-USB and CS60-USB
We always had good experiences with it

Any other recommendations? The smaller the headset the better.

Bluetooth in general is very sensitive to sources of interference. In some commercial settings it can be nearly unusable. Switch to using a business grade dect based headset if bluetooth is not functioning. Usb ehs cable to headset base on 1140e is best.

I agree, you are far better off using the headset jack to a Bluetooth headset base unit instead of using the 1140 as the base since it does not support many Bluetooth devices nowadays.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back