Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM 450 Forwarding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have a client with a Nortel BCM 450. This client has several DID lines on a phone. They can forward the calls on that phone as normal, however, they want to only forward an individual DID on that phone leaving the other 2 DID's to ring at the phone. I don't think this can be done. Am I correct on this??? Thank you in advance.

Actually it can be done by using Feature 84. I assume you have "allow redirect" on.

When you press Feature 84 it will ask you to select line out, which normally is intercom.

Then it should ask you to enter the phone number to forward to, you might need to start it with a 9, or what ever you use to call out.

Then it should ask you to select lines to use, which would be the button the DID is assigned to you want to forward.

The display should then say "redirecting"

Then test.

To cancel just press Feature #84 and just hit "ALL" just to be safe. Unless you are redirecting multiple DID's to different numbers. Then you you hit the DID button you want canceled.

hope this helps

This solution implies that you have Ring & Appear enabled correct? We normally only use a single DID# (tied to a single Target line) tied to a single phone. Thus we only have the DID# ring on the phone, not appear also. VOJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back