Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel BCM 400 - Designing CCR Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBrian

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2010
US
Hello,

Let me just start by saying I am not a Nortel or telephony expert by any means, I find some of the stuff to be in an entirely different language. I specialize in Domain Administration and Network Security.

As the IT Director for a Small Business, I inherited a Nortel BCM 400 system. There are 3 Nortel IP telephones and 8 or 9 T7316E units on site. Currently we only have one location. There are 9 voice numbers in a hunt group all pointing to our main phone number XXX-XXX-7200.

I have been asked to revamp the way our Nortel handles incoming calls. The owner of the business would like to have 2 phone numbers that are provided (one for clients, and one for employees). For instance XXX-XXX-7100 for clients having its own CCR Tree, and XXX-XXX-7200 for employees with its own CCR Tree. Both numbers serviced from the same Nortel BCM.

I feel comfortable enough designing the CCR trees within CallPilot Manager; however I am not sure about how to split numbers from the Hunt Group, what I need to service each number, or how to determine which number was called, etc.. for call handling.

Some more information for you - I am a fairly technical guy and can understand most instructions pretty well. I can access the Unified Manager, however the ee_admin password was changed by the last guy here and I don't know what it is. I do have a valid CallPilot Manager password however.

If these numbers are in an incoming Hunt or rollover group you would have to call the phone company to take them out of the hunt but then they would be standalone numbers and could only get 1 call at a time. I would rethink it mabe use the CCR and dial an option to get to a MB or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back