Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel/Avaya CS1000E Rls. 7.5 to Asterisk 1.8 SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtechv

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
US
Perhaps someone can give me a pointer or two to move my project along. I'm trying to use an Asterisk box as an inexpensive conference bridge. I don't have any connections to the Internet, or any other publicly accessible vulnerabilities, so security is NO concern. I'm completely TDM to the outside world.

I'm trying to call from sets on the CS1K -> the Asterisk box to ring a number in extensions.conf configured for MeetMe. Right now I don't need to call the CS1K from Asterisk.

I've built an Asterisk endpoint in my NRS and have a steering code sending 6XXX calls that way. I'm watching SIP DEBUG messages and can see communications between the two.

I've tried building a peer in sip.conf, but it didn't help much. I commented it out and tried a few settings that I thought would let everything in, which I'm fine with:

Code:
[general];amongst other things
context=public
allowguest=yes
autocreatepeers=yes

This didn't do much. Asterisk returns:

Code:
No matching peer for '2011:phone-context=cdp.udp' from '192.168.1.10:35919'

I guess I need a peer, but don't want an entry for every set that may call into the bridge. Is there a way to open Asterisk up to any connection? This is where I'm open to suggestions. I'm not in a hurry, so will continue to try different things.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

In systems with a FreePBX GUI, general settings, there is a setting similar to allow anonymous incoming calls,Sorry don't remember the exact field.

Another option I have used is to install a DS1 board in Asterisk, T1 cross over, you can be up and running a short time.

T1/E1 is an option, but then I'm buying a card for both systems. For less than the cost of those two cards plus the * box I can buy an MICB.

I'll continue on the current trial and error path for a while. In the not too distant future I'll try making it work with a CPDC configured as a SIP trunk bridge. That adds a couple $K to the deployment costs, but still comes in under the TDM route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back