Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel Alarm; Code 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altmancos

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2011
US
Nortel Norstar ICS 4.0. Since switching services from Verizon to XO Communications my phone system gets Alarm 75 PRI Out of Sync, about 2-3 times a week. I have reseated my PRI Card and also swapped it out with another one. This has yet to reslove the issue. Once I restart the PBX allis fine. XO has tested the PRI and find no issues. Not all phones will go down durning this time, and some can make outgoing calls and when dialing the company main number it gets a fast busy. The PRI is supposedly setup for ISDN and NI2 amongst other things. Can anyone give me some insight on what is going on and why XO can not seem to fix the issue?

Thanks.

To the point of replacing the DTI & the entire BCM, and it's still a problem..............until they eventually replaced the fibre on the nte.

Just check the clocking on the DTI is primary external.

How is your clocking set? It has to be set to Primary External.

Are you sure of the settings from the carrier? If it is NI2, try changing the sequence order from ascending to descending (or vice versa) then back again. Did you confirm the framing and lined coding? I wouldn't trust a carrier as far as I could throw one!

As for incoming, how about the target lines? Is the carrier sending you the same number of digits.

This is a Norstar MICS w/4.0? In most cases it is always the carrier but they are to lazy to troubleshoot there end right. If this was a customer of mine i would recommend upgrading that system to at least 6.1. I've came across some flacky issues with 4.0 and 5.0 with PRI.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Thank you for the replys. We had Verizon for years with absolutely no issues. 2 Weeks into XO service and the issues started. I have to doubt this is a coincidence that it has anything to so with the PBX itself. I am by far no expert on this Nortel PBX and have no idea how to look at what is being asked to check. I'll check with my PBX person.

I got a call from a Nortel Tech with many years in the business and he explained to me that in order to upgrade the software from 4.0 to 5.0+ I will need to relace my VM system to a Call Pilot 150. Otherwise the VM will not work after the upgrade. The NVM version is 4.0.04C. Does anyone have trusted places to purchase the software update as well as the VM System (Call Pilot)?

Thanks.

Could a bad Smart Jack be the issue?
The timing on the PBX is default, I'm told and that normally this is not to be touched. Are there certain Telco Switches that these Nortel Systems do not work properly with?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back