Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel 81c inputting access code

Status
Not open for further replies.

syss

Technical User
Aug 31, 2009
US
Hello everyone, I got complains from users that they cannot input access codes over the phone for systems such as bank automated systems or conference access codes. For example, one user said when inputting a four digits access code for conference the number 8 doesn't work, however when dialing a telephone number no problem. I change the phone unit but it seems to not help. i also check to see if there is any jitter in my t1s which is fiber but they seemed good. Does anyone run across this problem?

I've found this below. I'm not sure if it helps?.

Problem
1)UNABLE TO USE MF TONES ON DIGITAL SETS.MERIDIAN MAIL
2)Trunks Unable to send MF tones to line.

Fix
1) (LD 97 XCTP) 138 IS FOR UK MF TONES (14 IS FOR USA MF TONES)

>LD 97
REQ PRT
TYPE XCTP

CPAD 0
TABL 00
DTMF 138 ################# UK Setting #################
P10P 030
S10P 031
20PP 032

REQ

2 Trunks Unable to send mf tones to line.
If a customer needs to send mf to line for ie Voice Menu Services , Supervision on the TRUNKS may need to be set to NO ( Ovl 14 SUPN - NO )
This is due to a reversal to indicate csa is no longer guaranteed for all PSTN calls.
Setting SUPN to No can affect call logging. It may be necessary to change Ovl 16 OAN to NO .

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Print the Route Data Block; Check if there is a TIMR section, and make a note of the EOD and ODT values

"Sometimes" changing those values is the fix, but you can prove if it will help like this:

Dial the number of an external IVR or Confer Bridge; wait a few seconds, press the # sign. Now try inputting the digits - see if the digits all pass. If they do during this test, it is probably the EOD and ODT Timers. To fix, set them both to 512

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

I will try these out and let you know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back