Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 6140 falls into coma state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawho

Vendor
Nov 28, 2003
CA
The problem I am experiencing is that I have some 6140 handset that fall into a coma state after not being used (they are idle attached to belt) when they go out of range of the WLAN. When I come to use it, it is not working, it display the extension number twice its size in the display, no matter what button I press it stays in this state. I have to remove the battery and turn it back on to make it work again. Does this happen to anyone?

Call Server is a BCM450 release 6
SVP2245 is of release 175.040
Handset firmware version is 115.025
My WLAN infrastructure is Motorola 1x ws5100 / 12x AP300's
My configuration is View Certified (by Polycom)
My covereage is decent. (has been validated)
This happens also on a RFS6000 controller with AP650 from Motorola.

Cawho
PBX.Tech

Check this:

Business Communications Manager 450: WLAN 6140 random freezing

Document Id: KB01111561
Last Modified Date: 11-18-2011
Support Goal(s): Business Communications Manager 450
Access Level: Internal

Version-Release

BCM450 v6.0
Details

Description (Problem Clarification)

Wlan 6140 random freezing.
Cause

The poor radio coverage is the reason for the set lockups/freezing on the site. Syslogs shows db of 80-90. The phone is not designed to be out of range of the WLAN, and any ill effects as a result cannot be mitigated on our end. In short, when the phone is out of range of the WLAN there are a number of things we try to do to get back on. If all of these things fail, then the phone will stop in a low power state in order to save the battery. The only way to recover from this state is to reboot the phone, thus saving battery power.
Problem Fix/Workaround/Solution

Resolution Plan

Resolve the coverage issues. A full wireless site survey is the recommended way to verify signal coverage.

Saludos..

JLMT//

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back