Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel 6120 handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky1955

Programmer
Jan 23, 2008
US
Hello, I have a wierd problem. Randomly when users change their ring profile on the handset, it will "lock up" the phone. Can't get a dial tone. I ran a trace on the phone and it shows as on hold! To clear it, I have to disable and reenable the TN. Anyone seen this before? Thanks, Mike

I had the same issue with our system. was just looking to see if there were any new posts to the thread i made. one user suggested setting FTTU but i did this for a few phones and it still seems to be an issue. The users can clear it by pressing the line button on the bottom righ of the phone, pressing the enter key on the line that is stuck (usually there will be a + next to the line tha indicates it is in use.) then pressing the hangup button. Dispite my best efforts to educate the users it seems to be an uphill battle. which i could just resolve it from a system standpoint. Good luck and hopefully someone has seen / resolved this issue before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back