Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 5520-48T-PWR Console Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRRyan

Programmer
May 18, 2022
US
Back in 2020 I purchased a Nortel 5520-48T-PWR which is a 48 Port PoE Gigabit network switch with 4 SFP ports. After I tore it out of the packaging, I connected my RS232 DB-9 to USB serial adapter from my computer to the switch and I opened a correctly configured PuTTY session, I powered on the switch and it seemed to come to life or so I thought and everything started lighting up and do the boot sequence. I noticed that nothing at all showed up on my terminal session, I hit CTRL-Y and pressed <return> a few times but nothing seemed to come up at all. I decided to add a null adapter and same thing happened, nothing, added another on top of the null and still nothing. Other then the console issues the switch works fine as a dumb switch but I want to be able to create VLANS for my CS1000E. Would anyone happen to know the issue with this switch? The switch was manufactured in 2007 if that helps as it could've been recalled or something but I am not 100% sure.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 Enthusiast
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back