Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel 4.0 with 7310 phones how to assign lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkems

Technical User
Jun 16, 2011
US
We just moved our nortel 4.0 system to a new building and added a few phones. Some of the phones have lines 1,2,3,4,7,8 and a few have 1,2,5,6,7,8. when I pluged in the new phones we added they showed lines 1,2,3,4,7,8. I tryed to copy a phone that had 1,2,5,6,7,8, to the new phones and none of the lines where in order. I tryed to copy from serval different phones that had the right progamming but still no change. I have look through the installes guide and I cant find or understand how to assign lines.

Delete all lines from the sets, then set all lines to Appear Only of Appear & Ring and they will come up in order. Another way is to use Feature *81, but that can get hairy if you don't pay attention.

Note that on 4.0 analog lines are 1,2,3,4 and 25,26,27,28 on the main cabinet. With 5.0 this changed to 1,2,3,4,31,32,33,34 to accomodate E1 numbering.

GP

Thank you I will try this. whats the the best way to delete the phone lines. And will this delete this from all phones. When i punched down the lines after we moved. would it have mattered if i didnt get the same co lines in the same place as it was at the old building. Could this be my problem. the lines all come up right on the existing phones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back