Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 3x8 Dr5 -Rogers Cable Tel. Lines ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
HI!There , I have had customers change to Rogers Cable tel lines over the years ,, and sometimes the lines would get locked ,, rebooting was the fix ,, Sometimes i would change the Nortel Cics Trunk Programing to Short Pbx , and that seems to solve the lock up ,, but with the 3x8 dr5 ,,it hasn't that option ,, anybody run into this ,, i was thinking of turning on Supervised Disconnect ,, but not sure if it will cause any other issues.Any Ideas ,, Rogers cable is a Canadian provider. Thks

Is it a DS cabinet? Turquoise print on cabinet?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

HI! There,, i can't remember ,, i know it has Caller id , so thats why i mentioned both DR5 ,,5.1 ,, Thks

OK , i dropped by and tested his Nortel Dr5 ,, It had Supervised Disconnect on and has worked find for several years,, i believe it is a Rogers Cable Glitch,, I have to upgrade KSU any ways he's expanding Tel. Lines ,and Phones. So all is good.

You need to answer Curly's question. The softare will have DS as an option, but the KSU must be a DS version. Nortel put the same software in both the DS and Non-DS cabinets.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back