Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 2600 and Nortel contivity 100 conection issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,
I just wanted to drop a question I hope you can help,

Here is what I know is going on,
We are using a Nortel 2600,
we have 300 or so locations,
-all equiped with a Nortel contivity 100
-DSL through Bell Sympatico
-There is a few on dial-up
-Behind the 100's there is a back office server and some tills connected to it.

Ok every night the stores are susposed to send in there sales and there is a exchange of data,(sales and new prices) over the VPN.

This seems to happen most of the time but some of the DSL store are having problems connecting, I can see this on the VPN report the store are connected for 0-2 or 10 minute spirts through out the day(the DSL stores are sussposed to be connected all day)
<any one have any ecperiance with this?>

The other issue that seems to be coming up is that the stores are leaving &quot;Ghost&quot; connections on the 2600, There connection gets droped for some reason and they try to get back in and the switch wont let them because it thinks they are already connected, and it will stay this way until some one goes in there and manualy deletes the connection.
<any ideas?>

Sorry I can't be more specific, I was not at this company when they brought this in, I was just told to fix it ;)

Thanks,

hi !

what's your software's version of the contivity 100? ;i think you will solve your problem if you upgrade the version of the contivity 100 to 7.20.

my bests regards

Thanks for the suggestion,
but we are running vr 7.20

We updated our Nortel 2600 to V 4 5 1 for testing,
but now we are experiancing more lost links,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back