Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel 2004 asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxasterisk

Programmer
Apr 11, 2016
IE
Hi all
Looking for help with using a Unistim Nortel i2004 black with Asterisk (Ver. 11.21.0) Elastix and FreePbx. I have been able to register the phone OK to the system and make or receive calls. The system is on a virtual server and not on same Lan as phone. The issue is with the audio which from reading other posts seems to be a common problem. When making calls I have audio both ways however when the phone received an incoming call the caller can hear me but I am unable to hear them. For a short while after receiving a call I am unable to hear audio when making a call but again the person I am calling can hear me. This soon corrects back to no audio when receiving. Have tried changing rtp port, the rtp method eg 0,1,2,3 etc with no success. Have also tried other versions of asterisk and freepbx on its own eg version 1.8 etc but no different. I have attached both the unistim.conf file and a log after a call was received on the extension. Any help appreciated, thanks

Link to asterisk log

Most Audio issues are network related settings.

Check what ports are required by your PBX and open those ports as well input the port/s on the set itself.

Example port 7000 is required on BCM so on the set under Hostname select port 7000, on the router forward port 7000 to the PBX

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hi - did you ever get this resolved? I've been trying for ages to get unistim to work.

I'd really appreciate to know how you got this far - I'm a bit of a newbie with asterisk thou

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

You must set the public IP address in the configuration file. Uncomment the line
;public_ip=46.43.1.201
and set the value to the public address of your server (it should be the same address that you use when configuring S1/S2 values on remote Nortel IP phones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back