Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 1750 internet config

Status
Not open for further replies.

karikguy

Vendor
May 14, 2010
GB
i am trying to configure my 1750 for internet connectivity. i have the internet connected to the public LAN. i put an any-any rule on top of the firewall. i saw sombody saying to put an any-any rule on the top of tha nad as well. but wen i do that nothing happens. wat do i set the NAT action to do in order to get internet connectivity

You'll need to build a NAT policy if you havent already. A basic NAT policy to get you internet access would be like this:
Source: any
Dest: any
Service: any
NAT Action: port mapping
Translated source: public interface
Translated destination: any

Set that nat policy as the active policy on the firewall/NAT screen and you should be working.

thanks alot that worked. i am now going to finnish up the configurations. i have to finnish setting up the NAT. Am i to use the same port mapping option for my NAT actions.

and where do i put my servers. translated destination or destination or source

You'll need to use port forwarding or static NAT. For example, your server is 192.168.1.100 and your public IP is 1.2.3.4. You want port 80 NATed from 1.2.3.4 to 192.168.1.100. Create a new NAT rule using the below info.

Source: any
Destination: 1.2.3.4
Service: http
NAT action: port forwarding
translated source: any
translated destination: 192.168.1.100

Save the changes and you should be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back