Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nortel 1230 IP set loaded with SIP firmware, can't flash UNIStim firmw 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2007
US
I have a customer who was on a BCM50 and changed to an IP Office. They kept the same phones and I loaded the SIP firmware into the Nortel IP 1230 sets. Long long story short, they want the BCM50 back, but now I am having trouble reflashing the phones with the UNIStim firware.

Has anyone successfully taken one of these phones from SIP firmware back to work on a BCM50?

I have changed all the settings I think need to but it still takes me to the login screen, asking for the domain user and password, just like it wants to log into the AVAYA IP office.

From what I understand it is very difficult to get it back.

Check this out.

Nortel IP Phone 1200 Series | Michael McNamara
We recently purchased two Avaya/Nortel 1220 IP phones for ... had upgraded/converted the 1220 IP phone to SIP. The phone would not downgrade/convert back to the UNIStim ...

blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2010/01/nortel-ip-phone-1200-series

You need to modify the 1230SIP.cfg file and replace the FILENAME associated with the SIP software to be a current UNIStim software as well as using DOWNLOAD_MODE FORCED. Reboot the 1230 and it should retreive/load the UNIStim software.

I encountered this issue, too. After I changed my 1140 phone to the latest Avaya SIP firmware, I couldn't change it back to the UNISTIM firmware.

Eventually, I figured out that you cannot go back to an older versions of UNISTIM firmware (for example the version from BCM50 R5). You can change the firmware only to recent versions of Avaya's UNISTIM firmware.

Try to download the newest version of the UNISTIM firmware from the Avaya support site and use that version.

I flashed 1220 from Unistim to SIP and back to Unistim quite often by pointing the fileserver IP address as my IPO Manager. I also change directories to /IPSET-UNISTIM-C7M so the bin files can be found by TFTP/HTTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back