Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nortel 11c wyse console

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSSTCO

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
The WYSE console (CRT) has gone bad. I have been able to connect to a laptop via numerous gender menders and use hyperterminal to a very limited extent. All I get displayed on the laptop is what has been buffered for the WYSE. What am I missing to get the ack/nak operational?
The enter key is dead.
Connection is 11c cable to 25 pin connector, then a null modem adapter, a 25 pin to RJ45 adapter, cat5 cable to a rj45 / 9 pin adapter to the laptop.
There has to be a correct/better way to do this.
Thanks for any assistance.

Doug

hyperterm is a pain, period and worse with mermail. get a copy of procomm, well worth the price.. the comm setting are usually 8 none and 1 at either 9600 or 1200 baud, but the soft keys don't map right in dyperterm, so even if it talks you can't make changes.. crtl r will repaint the screen if it talks,, you may not need the null, depending on the mail port

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, We used DOS procomm years ago, but nothing remains.
John, could you please clarify "you can't make changes".
Are you talking ADDS, MOVES etc.?

Doug

yes because of the soft keys f1 thru f5, you need those to work to make changes.. procomm is much better now then the dos days.. those keys need to map
Code:
f1 ^[OP
f2 ^[OQ
f3 ^[OR
f4 ^[OS
f5 ^[OT

you can change the keyboard map in hyperterm, if your hyper. in procomm they are default for a vt320, and keyboard maps are alt f8

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back