Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar w/PRI Sys ID change....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scphoneguy

Vendor
Jan 30, 2009
US
Anyone ever heard of the SysID changing on a Norstar when installing a PRI?

Did you default the system? I have heard that defaulting the system can change the ID and that would explain the change of ID.

I have installed PRI and haven't seen that change the ID.

It actually wasnt me, its one of our customers who is adding a PRI to one of their systems in house and said the sysid has changed 3 times already. I think they are planning to change the DN length from 3 digit to 4 digit. The plan they have is to cutover the PRI on a set date and they want to go ahead and get the PRI enabler but dont want the sysid to change if they do a system restart when changing the DN length.

Would it not make sense to get their act together, make the required changes and when they are happy then get the key code?.
Seems to me they have no idea what they are doing to have the id change 3 times already.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I agree completely. These are the retards I have to deal with on a daily basis. However, they screw it up and I have to fix it...Job security!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back