Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar - user's long distance call gets dropped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogero

Programmer
Mar 1, 2007
US
I have a user who dials long distance numbers and after 7 or so minutes he gets a busy signal and then his call drops. This has not been a problem until the last few weeks and seems to happen with many different numbers he dials.

Any thoughts?

Regards..

PRI or copper lines?
MICS?CICS??
Who is local provider?
Can you recreate problem @ d-mark?
Have customer keep log with date/time/line#/# dialed>>>

PRI
CICS
Verizon
Can't replicate at this time.

1) CICS does not support direct PRI.

2) After the local C.O., that call is riding DS3 or Sonet to wherever it is going to. DS3 or Sonet issues do not show up as errors on the local DS1. Until enough people complain (and have specific information for the provider), the provider will not deal with it. Make sure your DS1 is clean first (since problem sounds like LD only, it probably is, but make sure!).

Also it is very rare for 1 user on a site to drop calls and no one else.Maybe a set issue"try another set" or a enduser problem.ALso do not discount the far end hanging up on your user.

I made a typo, it is a MCIS and now multiple users are stating that long distance calls get dropped after a few minutes. Are there any settings within the system that might cause this?

Sounds like LC carrier to me. Get a butt set and get in front of the switch and see if it drops you.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

errr.. LD Carrier..

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back