Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Telephone System Disable Dialing "0" After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewC23

Technical User
Apr 19, 2013
US
Our system has a message that plays when the office is closed and tells the caller how to call the Answering Service. The problem is that people keep dialing "0" in hopes that someone will answer the Front desk phones when we are closed, thus bypassing the message. I am looking for a way to disable people from Dialing "0" after hours and making them listen to the message. I would be open to changing it to an extension such as our cancellation line. If anyone has any knowledge of how to do this I would be greatly appreciative.

Which voice mail system? and software level?

You can use Feature 982 to tun off Attendant or you can disable DN dialing in Callpiot versions.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If I turn off the Auto Attendant at night, will the person calling get the closed message? I believe that happened once by mistake and when a person called and hit "0" it routed them to my voicemail.

I am not exactly sure as to what the Voice Mail System is or what the Software level would be. In the room where they are located there is one box that has a Norstar logo at the top and a Nortel logo at the bottom. The other box next to it says Norstar Flash at the top and Nortel at the bottom. The system was put in back in 2000.

Norstar Startalk Flash is your model name.

As for software level when you lo into F983 press 9 to see.

You Voice Mail does not have the Disable DN dialing option.

As for F982 yes they will hear the Closed Greeting, if they press 0 then they will hear "Attendant is unavailable" then they get transferred to the general Mailbox.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Our Software Version is 2.0.10.

(As for F982 yes they will hear the Closed Greeting, if they press 0 then they will hear "Attendant is unavailable" then they get transferred to the general Mailbox.)

I am intrigued by this line. If a person calls the business after hours and gets the closed greeting and presses "0" then they will get a message that states the "Attendant is unavailable" and be transferred to the general mailbox. How do we do this? And can we choose which mailbox it goes to? I would like to still have 1 phone ring in case someone were to set off the alarm and the alarm company calls. When the phones roll back over when the business opens will the "Attendant is unavailable" change to available?

I really appreciate your help.

F983 AA/TABLE/1 Check to see what Greeting it is, change it to equal the same as the Night greeting.
Example - if the Night Greeting that you hear every night is 2 then change the Non Business to be 2 as well.
Or Record a new Greeting for your Non Business such as default Greeting # 4

Then reception has to go into F982 every night and "Close" the business and make Attendant Available to equal "No"

"I would like to still have 1 phone ring"

I don't get it, you want a phone to ring when 0 pressed or not?

As for Answering Service what is that all about? why do you have Voice Mail when you can forward to an Answering service....its usually one or the other.
Voice Mail was design to be the Answering Service/Auto Attendant.

Maye not knowing your set is the problem, or your setup is the problem....what type of business and requirements are needed at night if you are not fully closed?

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back