Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar T7316e line display showing a circle and arrow all the time it is powered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathbus

Technical User
Dec 4, 2001
US
I know many of you are super techs at programming and troubleshooting T7316e phones but do any of you, like me, actually repair the phones or do you just replace the phones? My problem is the line/feature display shows the circle and arrow at each button position whenever the phone is powered up. The normal triangle works fine but it is imposed on the circle and arrow. I have not gotten into troubleshooting the phone parts but I think it might be the display or the main motherboard causing. Any thoughts?

Vendors would send the phones out to a special refurbishing company where you get a special bulk rate.
As an example the machine to make the LCD displays is around $10,000.

We replace the phone with one already refurbished so that you do not wait for the repair time.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the replies. Since I posted my original message I have switched the mother boards between a good phone and a bad phone with the problem staying with the display.

Allworks: I already tried that one. *7 only affects the horizontal display.

Curly: Little bitty companies like mine have a little more unpaid time available so I fix what I can. I buy parts where-ever I can get them but mainly Refurb Supply. I can buy one part and not the costly machinery which makes them. It was more cost effective to repair when the prices of a new T7316e was over $100. Now I am just using up parts on-hand before I retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back