Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar T7316e HANDSET REPAIR QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleskeen

Programmer
Nov 26, 2006
US
Can anyone tell me if a T7316e Norstar phone handset can be repaired?

I have a client who owns a machine shop and his employees have dropped a few handsets on the concrete floor. The shop handsets work and sound fine, but there is a rattling noise inside the handset. It sounds like a few BB’s are floating around and its annoying upon movement.

I was wondering if anyone has operated on a T7316e handset? Can you open the handset up and put it back together without any damage? If you can open it up, what is the best way to do so.

I need to open it up and glue it, caulk it, or place small piece of foam inside, or something to stop the rattling noise.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

If you want to save them some cash in the future, though, try putting a foam shoulder rest on the ones in jeopardy. They do a pretty good job absorbing impact when they fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back