Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS Feature Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilch

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
You'll have to pardon me, I've been an Avaya tech for a while, so I'm not as familiar with the features and the associated names within the Norstar. My company has a Norstar MICS on release 6 of the software. A feature I'm looking for in referred to (in the Avaya world) as EC500.

The feature basically allows a bridge between a cell phone and a desk phone. You hit a button to turn it on and when a call comes into the desk phone, it rings the cell phone automatically. If the call is not answered, it follows the coverage of the desk phone. Additionally if a user answers the call on their cell phone, they can go to the desk phone and pick that call up by hitting the appearance it resides on (it's bridging the calls while the call is on the cell). Lastly, if the user is speaking on the desk phone, they can hit a button and have it ring to the cell phone, hang up the desk phone and walk away. This last portion is different from a call transfer because if they come back to the desk, they can resume from there.

So... after the lengthy description the question is, does the Norstar have a feature similar to this?

Am also looking for a feature for a "Meet me" type of conference in the system.

Thank you for any feedback you can offer.

I think MCK/Citel has some external setups for interfacing cell phones similar to what you are refering. as far as meet me FOURM communications has a confer product for meet me confrences.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back