Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar MICS Backups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen93

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2007
US
I got a copy of the Norstar Remote Utilities from our vendor here, and I was trying to figure this out. We just want a simple backup of our extensions configurations and maybe the voicemail setup. I've followed what little instructions I can find to no avail.

Our FastRAD is only connected to one line, looks like one of the lines going to the CO. The serial port is unconnected. Our rep said that was ok, to just connect a computer to a phone line and call the receptionist and have them transfer us to "feature 9 * 3," but it says "Inactive Feature."

Is there an easier/better way to back this stuff up?

Thanks!

Feature 9*0. Read the documentation that came with the unit.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

You dont hook up the RAD to a line....hope you didnt blow the port.

Plug it into a digital port as you would a phone.

Then F9** to access the programming (p= RADMIN), just remove line one as you will want Operator assisted unless you have a DID or dedicated line.

How about using a serial cable and plugging in direct? Set your speed to 19200 and you will get this back up done in no-time.

Thanks for all the help, I'll have to play with it tommorrow to get it working. There's several units marked Norstar, two thin ones, and two larger ones attached to the wall. The fastrad is installed right below it. The unit to the left has a serial port, but I think that's the one that controls the voicemail (runs os/2 warp). Is there another serial port that I'm not seeing? I've never touched any PBX system before so this is all new to me, I figured that it would be easy to back something up! These systems definitely have a steep learning curve.

The FASTRAD has a serial connection up on top. It might be covered with a black plastic cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back