Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegsgirl

Technical User
Mar 5, 2012
US
I have a norstar flash and am trying to change the names directory, whereas one person may be assigned to #1 but it rings another person's extension. Any way to fix this. I was looking for documentation, but nothing useful.

You will prolly be better off served by posting your question in the Nortel Section:
If you mean how do you change the physical name that shows up on the LCD panel:
How To Change the Name on a Mailbox:
1. Log into system administration
2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"
3. Select the softkey under "Chng"
4. Enter the mailbox number (extension. you want to change the name on
5. The display shows "Reset Password"
6. Select the softkey under "Next", keep hitting "Next" until the display shows the name
7. Select the softkey under "Chng" to enter a new name
8. Enter the name using the dial pad. Enter last name first, press "# #" to enter a comma and then enter the first name. When spelling the name, press "#" to move to the next character
9. Select the softkey under "Next" to save the change
10. Hit the release button

"You don't know what you got, till it's gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

If you want to change the directory name that they hear, log into the mailbox (F981), press ADMIN softkey, and then press 1. You will hear the current name followed by a beep to re-record the name.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back