Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar M7310 auto dials internal ext when you pick up the handset 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowmenHeather

Technical User
Apr 2, 2021
US
Oh, I am so new so I hope I'm posting in the correct forum. One of our Norstar M7310s will automatically dial my boss' extension whenever you pick up the handset while the phone is idle. You don't have to push any buttons. Just pick up the handset and boom! Calling Boss. Picking up the handset during an incoming call connects to caller on incoming line as it should; no issues there. I checked the intercom button that is auto selected when you pick up the handset, and no auto dial is set for that button. No one knows how this was set and I cannot find anything in any manual describing this process. I even cleared callbacks in case it was some weird callback that was never answered? If anyone can tell me how to turn this off, or even what it's commonly referred to as so I can look it up, my boss and I would be eternally grateful.

It's called hotline, buried deep in the programming. I would change the phone make sure set relocation is off. Maybe it is a sticky button.

Dear jsaad: THANK YOU!! That just cured a 4 year annoyance for me. It wasn't so bad when the phone was upstairs and barely used, but it's down in our sales area and my back up reception phone, so that need to be cured. All fixed thanks to you!!

jsaad is spot on.

If this happened to a phone that was working fine and it is still the same extension (DN) it has always been then I suspect Sticky Button Syndrome

Sticky button syndrome means the button was pressed but it will not pop back up because something is caught or sticky around the button.
Symptoms are:
-the same digit appears across the screen multiple times (such as numeric pad 1 is stuck which shows 1111111111)
-the button will keep activating the feature that is programmed to a key suck as AutoDial.

Feature * 0 - is button inquiry
Once you use the feature you can press any button and it will tell you what is does on the display.
If you find there is a button to call the boss then erase it.

Feature * 1 is to program an external autodial, but when you press OK instead of entering a phone number it will erase the key (blank)
Process to erase key:
Feature * 1, press the boss key, press OK on the display.

The Hotline feature is for when you pickup the handset it will dial a specified number be it internal or external.
Common uses would be:
-an emergency phone in a warehouse pillar setup to call 911
-an entrance phone at the front to call reception/security/other

Hotline
is under Sets/Capabilities...change it to NONE.
The guide is called - Norstar System Coordinator Guide

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Curlycord: Your post will definitely others. It was hotlined. Since I knew how to get into that I was able to fix it, but your instructions laying out the process will be super helpful in the future for others. Thank you!

Hello there

Could help me please with analog telephone becomes busy in meridian one telephone system. I try to reset it with LD 20 and return back busy. And open the LD 80 and when write the command trac Lscu 16 1 3 2 and display ISPC LOCKOUT. And then I tried using ld 32. But it can't reset . So how can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Tsegai Tekle
Asmara , Eritrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back