Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar M vs. T series

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacLeopard

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2006
US
I don't want to start a flame war, but in your experience, which series is better, in terms of reliability, quality, etc.?

(Just PLEASE no flaming!)

TIA

I'll take the older (Canadian made) M-series over T any day of the week!

Phonehed in Dallas

The M series is of higher quality. I have replaced more T series phones in the last year than I replaced M's in 8 years.

The T series is designed to be a money saver for Nortel. It takes away the need to manufacture button caps in 3 different languages, and the use of pictures on the feature, hold, and Rls buttons saves money too. I would guess that they also saved money by reducing the quality of the phone.

I never thought of that. The T series actually looks good when you *look* at it first glance but it seems if you look at it from the REAL side you find cheaper quality parts.

We've had more out of box failures with new T-series phones than the older M-series. Things like stuck buttons, bad displays, bad handsets, etc. When they work they're OK, but I'll take a M7324 with KLM's over a T7316 with KIMs any day.

Brian Cox

What am I missing? I loved the M series but switched to the T7316E as a standard and I have seen an increase in OOB but no more in service failures than the M series. I only have a few hundred but I would think I would see a pattern by now.

NARSBARS

I love the way the T series looks, but we have also had many defective phones. The one thing that I love about the T phones is that you can create the designation strips.

I say we throw an M7324 and a T7316e into a pit and see who comes out alive. That's how you'll know which is better.
[tongue][tongue]

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst

Bruce Lee Vs Jet Li
Great concept except that Bruce Lee is dead.

NARSBARS

Also M-7310 offers 34 buttons and T-7316 only has 24.

Phonehed in Dallas

I guess I'll get a T7208 and an M7208, and we'll see which one is dead first (I'm counting on the M living longer than the T).

Doesn't the 616 (with DR from 1991, "La Grande" - no idea which version it is since it doesn't say) require an M series phone to program anyway? I don't even know if it would work with a T series at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back