Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar KSU to voicemail compatiblity

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnp

Vendor
Feb 22, 2008
US
I have a customer that has a Norstar 616 DS with DR5. They had a StarTalk hooked up to it which died about a year ago. He bought a Flash 2 with 1.7 software off of Ebay to try to cut some costs. When I hooked it up for them it didn't come up. I tested the port to make sure it was good and did the XFtest to check the feature codes and even replaced the software. Every where I've checked it's said that the KSU and voicemail are compatible. Am I missing something somewhere? The people he bought the Flash from are sending him another one but I just wanted some feed back to confirm what I found. Thanks in advance.

Just some added info on the KSU version. The SP number is 30nte04.

Just to be sure (but cabinet or PS does sound like a dud)...

-Power light should go on when AC plugged in.
-Jack 1 to station port, jack 2 only if expansion cart installed.
-F9*1 would tell you the codes in use.
-When you do XFTEST you would remove all codes then reboot mail.
-5 to 10 minutes for it to boot up.

Not sure which software and version you replaced/tested with.

Outta ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just to be sure, are you doing a full REINSTALL process including making sure you set extension length to 2 and such for the 616?

Perhaps connect a serial cable and watch it boot with Hyperterm ? Look for errors or the point where it may stall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back