Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar- How do I change a tel# to ring direct to an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDO

Vendor
Sep 2, 2005
US
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a customer who has asked me to change the extension to which a number rings e.g. 603-xxx-xxxx rings directly to ex. 256 and needs to ring to ex.314. The system is a Meridian, Norstar plus modular ICS. I typically handle data communications for this school and the occasional light programming on the phone system but was unable to find the information on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

in your line programming there are certain lines that are called target lines. They act like pointers and will point an incoming did to an extension. you will need to find the target line that receives either the last four or three numbers of 603-xxx-xxxx and now it points to 256 but you will enter 314 where the 256 is. At least this is my guess how it is set up. it could just be that you have the line assigned to the phoneset 256 and you need to assign that line to ext. 314. you can look in phoneset programming and look at ext. 256 and scan it for lines assigned. Than look at line programming and see if it is the correct line.

I think you need to point target line 192 at that ext.. To ring only, make sure you hane two intercom buttons..

I have a Norstar Meridian system (Older model)
I have assigned 340-2270 the DN/EXT or 625.. With a target line of 245 & DID of 245/ Pointed the Vmail box to 625.. Internally this unit works fine. When dialing from outside, I get the General Delivery MB after 2 rings... I copied a working 340-xxxx setup for this... Thanks for any help
dlwells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back