Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar- How do I change a tel# to ring direct to an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDO

Vendor
Sep 2, 2005
US
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a customer who has asked me to change the extension to which a number rings e.g. 603-xxx-xxxx rings directly to ex. 256 and needs to ring to ex.314. The system is a Meridian, Norstar plus modular ICS. I typically handle data communications for this school and the occasional light programming on the phone system but was unable to find the information on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Do you know how to log into the Norstar? If so go to sets and terminals, usually the first promt, and select, scroll through the extensions until you get to the one you wish to change. Press select, look for line appearance and select enter the line number or browse, not sure what it will ask, when the line you want comes up press change until desired state is present, Appear, appear and ring, no appearence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back