Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Flash voicemail will not enable CCR tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
We are working on a Norstar Flash voicemail that will not enable the CCR tree once we create it.
I have made sure that the tree is "disabled" then when back in and create the "home path" 0. Then went to Menu and prompt 1,2,& 3 and created them. Then I saved the CCR tree and then went back in to "reenable" the tree. It says incomplete tree everytime.
So I went back out and went into the tree again and deleted all the other paths that aren't being used. Still same result. Incomplete tree.
Any Ideas?
Thank you,
Chad

You have created a MENU that is not truly a menu.
Menu's want single digits as further choices, not ext #'s.

This is a Menu:
For Robert press 1, for Jimmy press 2, for John Paul press 3, for John press 4.

This is NOT a menu:
For Robert press 221, for Jimmy press 222, for John Paul press 223, for John press 224.

When you do it like that then you need to fool the tree to thinks its a menu.
make a fake path deeper and tell it to transfer to reception or what ever you want.

i.e
For company listing press 2
Path 2 = For Robert press 221, for Jimmy press 222, for John Paul press 223, for John press 224.
Create path 28 and tell it to transfer to reception or what ever you want.
Now Path 2 (your MENU) will be complete, therefore the tree will be complete.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Actually, I think I did a poor job of explaining how I created the menu.
I went in and disabled the tree, then went in and created CCR tree 1...Where it said "Build tree" I hit that soft key and started with path 0.
Went to Path 0 and made it the home/menu and recorded the main AA greeting.
thank you for calling................
for hours of operation dial 1
for a company directory dial 2
for the preschool directory dial 3

In path 1 we recorded an "info" greeting that gave the company hours, etc.
In path 2 we recorded a "menu" greeting directory that said:
for john dial *201
for jim dial *202
for bill dial *204
etc. etc.
In path 3 we recorded a "menu" greeting that listed the few extensions to dial for preschool
for sandy dial *205
for Julie dial *206

that is how I setup the CCR tree 1.

I even deleted all other paths, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9.
I even deleted each of the CCR trees, 2, 3, & 5 before starting to build it again.
then went in and recreated the CCR tree under 2 instead of 1, just to try another tree.
SAME RESULT,
ONCE I SAVE THE TREE AFTER RECORDING IT AND PROGRAMMING IT,
I WENT IN TO ENABLE THE TREE, AS SOON AS I PUT IN THE TREE NUMBER WHERE IT SAYS CCR TREE AND DISABLE UNDERNEATH, I PUT IN THE TREE NUMBER WHERE IT SAYS CCR TREE: 1 AND IT IMMEDIATELY SAYS
"INCOMPLETE TREE"

ANY HELP HERE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU,
CHAD

My answer is still the same.
Look at path 2 and 3.....they are NOT menus's as I have described above.
You are asking people to press 3 digits and not 1 digit which is what the Menu expects so you need to Fool it by adding at least one path/choice deeper.

Path 2 and 3 is setup as a Menu, creating at least one path deeper (such as 28 and 38) completes the Menu and the tree is happy.

Person press's 2 then 8, that's a complete menu.

The system was designed to press # for the directory where you spell the name.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thank you Curlycord. I went back onsite and changed the 2nd and 3rd paths to "info" instead of "menu" and boom it worked great.
I knew it was something easy that I was missing.
Also, I get what your saying, I could have left them as "menus" and just made a prompt 8 off of it to transfer to something or do something and then it would have seen that Path as complete and allowed the tree to be enabled.
thank you,
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back