Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Flash II Voicemail Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat5Jive

Vendor
May 14, 2012
CA
Hi all,

Looking for some information regarding toll fraud via Norstar Flash. I saw a previous post about this but it didn't have enough info. I have a lot of experience with Norstar. Essentially the customers lines were call forwarded via *72 and the carrier is insistent that the hack has occurred via a voicemail box. Since the Flash only have Remote Notify and no option for outbound xfer, I have tested extensively to see if it is possible to even set up a mailbox outdial to utilize something along the lines of 9*72PP<NUMBER> but I certainly cannot get this to work via either the F983 interface or via the outside mailbox interface. Does anyone have any opinion if it is actually possible to make a hack happen in this capacity? My experience and testing says no but I am feeling gaslit by the carrier to the point that I am doubting my skillset over here. My opinion is that someone is forwarding the lines from the street level and not via a mailbox hack but am looking for some other opinions.

Thanks!

C5J

They only need to enter *72P011XXXXXXXXXX in my last 2 cases which used lines.
This is indeed for Outdial and not External Transfer.
So they gain access to user mailbox who has Outdial allowed, then change the Outdial phone number that includes the *72.

I have a couple the last few days, one even cracked another users box and had it do *73 so that the company would get calls during the day and be oblivious to what had occurred during the night until the carrier sensed the issue and called them.

See FAQ's too

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back